Friday, April 24, 2015

Let's do a Little Comparison

As you all know by now, I am going to London. So I have done A LOT of research about the different things I will encounter while I am in London. So here are a few things that makes the United States different from London.
1) In America we drive on the right side of the road. In London they drive on the left hand side of the road.
2) Money. In America we have $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 bills, and pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and the occasional half dollar and one dollar coins. In London, they have £5, £10, £20, and £50 notes, 1p, 2p, 5p, 20p, 50, £1, and £2 coins. (P means pence which is kind of like us saying 1 cent)
3) Housing is different from what I am used to. In London people will have very little yard and their houses are sometimes literally touching. I know in bigger cities in America houses are like that but I am from small towns and states so that is a big difference.
So obviously there are a lot more differences but these are three differences that I know exist. I also know that their English and my English are the same but different at the same time. While I am in London, I will be sure to make note of other differences I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment